Survey: Wet Hot Beauties Summer 2015 – Wipe Out! 5 free public water ballet beach performances at 5 beaches across Auckland.
SURVEY CONCLUSIONS DRAWN from sample of 184 responses gathered on the beaches straight after the performances and online.
- WHBs are attracting new audiences, with new attendees to the beaches, plus to our shows, AND not just because they know and are supporting someone performing. Indicates wide strong appeal.
- Satisfaction surveyed shows people hugely enjoyed the WHBs show
- 100% would recommend coming to see a WHB show.
- Nearly half of those surveyed see it’s something they’d like to be involved in, strengthens participation in our community.
- Visitation showed WHBs are clearly bringing people to the beaches surveyed, specifically for this event – and are bringing new visitors who seldom visit, to these beaches.
- The origin of visitors showed most were not local to that beach, that WHBs bring people to the area. WHBs activate local beaches.
- Marketing for the shows showed strong support by knowing someone in this large ensemble, or by word of mouth. Personal connection is strongest.
- This year was WHBs first participation in the Splore Festival, and was hugely successful in terms of participation levels, audience numbers, company satisfaction, plus Splore audiences surveyed rated it as a festival highlight.
- Visitors to Auckland surveyed said that the WHBs made them significantly more aware of what Auckland has to offer & significantly made their visit to Auckland more enjoyable.
- Locals felt hugely thrilled and honoured about the show being held at their local beach.
- Massive appeal to locals and visitors. 96% of Aucklanders surveyed said that hosting the WHBs significantly makes Auckland a more enjoyable place to live and increases their pride in our city.
- Wet Hot Beauties successfully show they are strongly established and highly valued in Auckland’s artistic culture.
- The WHBs bring joy and participation, pride and satisfaction to audiences and the Auckland region.
View survey here
Many thanks to COGO Consulting